Before the Windsor Trail Half Marathon I did a run-through of my race day outfit– while many aspects of my Ealing attire will be similar, there are a few changes, so I thought I’d give you a quick look!
Half Marathon Outfit
Brooks Infiniti Capri– I mentioned these in my It’s All in the Detail: Workout Clothing blog post and they’re still my favourite leggings to run in.
The wide waistband with drawstring means they don’t fall down or chafe, and they have a handy pocket for gels on the back.
I will be wearing my trusted Shock Absorber Run bra underneath with my awesome Team Naturally Run vest over the top.
I love the bright colour and lightweight feel, and I know that if I start to struggle just looking down at my top will remind me of all the awesome friends I’ve made through this fantastic running community. We also wore these vests to race the Spitfire Scramble, and that feeling of strength and pride at completing 3 laps, and great memories will help to boost me with positive thoughts.
|Rocking my Team Naturally Run vest|
Half Marathon Race Day Packing List
For the race:
– Race bib, timing chip and baggage tag
– TomTom Runner Cardio watch
– Spibelt (for my phone)
– Moto G phone for:
- Audible- I’m currently listening to The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith. An audiobook might seem an odd choice for a race but it helps me to relax.
- Spotify- Half Marathon Playlist for motivational tunes!
- Interval timer- I will be using a 4-1 run/walk as I mentioned to help me complete the distance.
– Purple Yurbuds– As usual runners are discouraged from wearing headphones to ensure you can hear the marshalls. The atmosphere of Ealing is supposed to be pretty good with live music and good crowd support, so I will see how it goes…
– Salted caramel Gu gels x2- to take at 1 hour and 2 hours
– Handheld water bottle with High 5 Zero Citrus tabs
– Sunglasses (just in case!)
– Snack (probably a banana and a nakd bar)
– Change of clothes- just a fresh shirt and flip flops for achey feet!
– Jumper/warm top for the train ride home
– Plasters (in case of blisters)
– Ibuprofen/Ibuleve gel
– Compression socks/sleeves
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Hope to see some of you at Ealing!
PS. The winners of my Om Yoga Show giveaway are Felicity Sharvell and Steph Muzzall- congrats! Please email me your details at email@example.com so I can pass them on to the organisers.